Website The QUIKRETE Companies
What America's Made of
The QUIKRETE® Companies, the leading packaged cement and concrete products producer, has an immediate opening for a highly Manager Trainee for our Wauregan, CT facility.
As a Manager Trainee, you will train and be mentored under a Plant Manager by learning to lead and perform management operational duties at the plant level. As training progresses, the Manager Trainee will be given the chance to experience several different assignments in a variety of duties/projects as assigned. We are seeking an individual with a demonstrated history of success in the following areas: leadership, collaboration, self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, commitment, and hard work.
541 Green Hollow Road Wauregan CT 06239
- Demonstrate operation of each piece of equipment in the plant as well as its overall function in the manufacturing process
- Successfully perform each position in the plant and office (excluding truck driver)
- Flexibility in filling in for short-term vacancies
- Preparing all reports and understand how the reports are used
- Maintain an adequate inventory of supplies / finished goods throughout the yearly business cycle
- A four-year college degree or equivalent technical degree
- Manufacturing related work experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively under tight deadlines, strict quality standards, and established business and customer requirements
- Strong communication skills – oral, written, presentation – as well as ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to relocate after successful training
This is an industrial environment and requires attention to SAFETY, physical dexterity and intermittently required to use hands, arms, legs, feet, body, and trunk to carry, lift/lower, push/pull up to 80 lbs. The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage the multiple priorities of employee supervision, production demands, customer requests, equipment breakdowns, and unusual customer demands.
What the QUIKRETE® Companies Offers You
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- Retirement Benefits – 401k
- Competitive salary
- Vacation or paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
The QUIKRETE® Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and not an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.