Website The QUIKRETE Companies
QUIKRETE® is seeking talent to join our Quality Assurance Team as an Associate QA Process Engineer. This position includes providing Quality Assurance support for our manufacturing plants, sales representatives and customers, and formulating products / approving raw materials.
- A bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, or a related discipline is required.
- A civil engineering degree with a materials focus would also be interesting.
- Candidates with 0-10 years’ experience in Quality Assurance are encouraged to apply.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Preparing, supporting and executing annual plant Quality Audits
- Evaluating the performance of manufacturing plants’ finished product samples to ensure they meet internal and external specifications
- Designing and overseeing execution of laboratory experiments to qualify new raw materials and new raw material sources/suppliers
- Cost engineering manufacturing plants’ formulas to increase profitability
- Re-designing manufacturing plants’ formulas for enhanced performance
- Interacting with customers, both DIY and commercial, giving product recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and assisting in complaint resolution
- Providing Manufacturing Plant support, including QC training, troubleshooting, and formula administration
- Supporting Sales through providing product recommendations, developing project specific formulations, and supplying certified letters / test reports
Experience and Competencies:
- A talent for solving problems – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and projects based upon business impact
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people in multifunctional teams
- Initiative and a drive to overachieve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple longer-term projects along with recurrent routine responsibilities
- Experience in Quality Assurance
- Experience working with Laboratory Technicians
- Experience in analytical methods, formulation, mechanical testing, design of experiments, cement chemistry, and adhesives or coatings
Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, or a related discipline
The position is located at the QUIKRETE® Engineering and Technical Center in Lawrenceville, GA, where you will work in an intellectually challenging and highly collaborative environment with ample opportunities for professional development.
QUIKRETE® offers attractive salaries and benefits including competitive base pay, medical, dental and vision coverage, basic life and personal loss insurance, supplemental life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan with a generous company match policy.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The QUIKRETE Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
Quikrete is not an affirmative action employer. We are an EEO employer.