Website The Quikrete Companies
We, The QUIKRETE® Companies, the largest manufacturer of packaged concrete and cement mixes in the United States and Canada, and an innovative leader in the commercial building and home improvement industries, are looking for a Director of Human Resources for our operations in Canada, reporting to the CHRO, this roles is responsible for leading the Canadian HR Operations, working collaboratively across the organization to drive growth, performance improvement, recruiting, developing and retaining talent.
- Act as HR function Leader for the business units in Canada; assist managers and others in the efficient use of HR resources in all functional area. Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
- Develop meaningful relationships as the trusted advisor to the Leaders, providing daily input and guidance on the people, teams or programs needing the attention to drive people objectives, while coaching and guiding the leadership team on initiatives, as well as tactical activities related to talent acquisition, associate development, performance management, and safety/wellness through communications across all oﬃces.
- Coach and support employees and managers on employee relations matters, including employee concerns, performance, performance improvement plans (PIP), leaves of absence, career advancement, retention, recognition while identifying ways to increase staff retention and productivity including strategies to enhance employee engagement, leadership, staff development, career pathing, and promoting a coherent organizational culture.
- Maintain current knowledge and application of all relevant laws and regulations at the provincial and federal levels relating to employment and ensure organizational compliance. This includes educating and advising managers and senior leaders on HR-related and legal regulatory matters and ensuring HR programs, practices, and policies are aligned to ensure social and legal compliance in market at both individual and collective levels.
- Being a key business driver; managing the full scope of HR practices including disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; engagement, training, analytics, workforce planning, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters, with a leadership seat at the table andmanage the day-to-day oversight of Human Resources in assigned functions in partnership with HR Operations and other key business and HR partners.
- Collaborate, with counterparts in other regions, to manage paradox and encourage an environment where new ideas and visions are embraced, standardizing best practices, and strategizing to create, develop, and maintain initiatives to enhance and raise community/academic relationships to increase exposure/awareness of the company and brand awareness these innovative ideas.
- Identify, develop, propose, maintain, and deploy strong company HR policies, processes and critical tools aligned to our culture and in compliance with all regulations and advise on appropriate HR practices and policies, ensuring proper implementation for the growth of the business with simple metrics.
- Driven by data and insight; utilizing and analyzing to set up processes, best practices, identifying and creating HR KPI’s, while seeking and assessing the information employees provide and send out a survey or meet 1:1 to learn more, to drive improvement in processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree within Human Resources or related field
- 7-10 years minimum of demonstrable HR experience
- Excellent knowledge of Canada’s, federal and provincial HR legislation, compliance, and regulations
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Interpersonal abilities to having a strong internal and external customer service focus, with senior business leaders and internal stakeholders while building relationships
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- Program Management, prioritization, and process improvement skills to drive several projects, processes, and ongoing activities
- Interpret, evaluate, and apply regulations, policies, and procedures to work situations, establish credibility and be decisive, while recognizing and supporting the organization’s preferences and priorities with confidentiality.
- Think analytically about the HR function and develop metrics and measures to evaluate programs, while balancing the day-to-day needs and implement strategies and systems
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite and HRIS systems
- Experience working alongside payroll and collaborating on key processes
- Bilingual (French & English) preferred