Website CUSTOM Building Products
Tile & Flooring Installation Systems
Custom Building Products® is seeking an outstanding lab talent to join our R&D/QA team. This position will be a blend of ongoing QC support for our current product line and working with R&D resources on testing of new products for the consumer and commercial construction markets.
A 4-year education in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, or a related discipline is anticipated. While this is an entry level position, more experienced candidates will also be considered.
- Testing products and raw materials for reliability, compliance and performance.
- Examining and investigating product complaints.
- Documenting data in an accurate and concise manner, reporting/sharing the results in a timely fashion.
- Planning, executing, analyzing, and reporting on assigned projects.
- Managing QC lab related reference documents and specifications.
- Communicating with Plant QC staff to answer questions and connecting them to the appropriate resource
- Reporting any issues through the appropriate channels.
- Maintaining assigned lab area in a clean and orderly state.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Achieved or progressing towards a 4-year college education and degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer and/or Material Science
- 1-5 years of experience in a wet chemistry lab
- Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with experience in quality auditing, color measurement and assessment, and/or continuous improvement activities.
- Proficiency in testing procedures and protocols
- Analytical thinking and abilities.
- Report writing and document analysis skills.
- Ability to work with data and numbers.
- Problem-solving skills with a talent for solving problems.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
The position is located at the Custom Building Products® Technology Center in Santa Fe Springs, CA, where you will work in an intellectually challenging and collaborative environment with ample opportunities for professional development. Custom Building Products is the North American market leader in flooring preparation and tile and stone installation products. We are a well-recognized and growing company that offers competitive salaries and benefits including competitive base pay, medical, dental and vision coverage, basic life and personal loss insurance, supplemental life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan with a generous company match policy. Custom Building Products® is member of The QUIKRETE® Companies, the largest manufacturer of packaged concrete and cement mixes in the U.S. and Canada.