Website The QUIKRETE Companies
The QUIKRETE Companies is seeking a candidate for an industrial R&D Engineer position at our corporate Technical Center located in Lawrenceville, GA.
This position will be a blend of ongoing support for our current product lines and creating innovative new products for the consumer and commercial construction markets. This is an entry to advanced level position. Experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Develop new products by implementing new chemistry and modern technology for the consumer and commercial construction markets
- Designing and executing experiments to qualify new raw materials and new raw material sources/suppliers
- Cost engineering formulas to increase profitability
- Re-designing formulas for enhanced performance
- Supervise and train technicians and junior engineers
- Lead the R&D activities for certain categories of products
Expected Experience and Competencies
- BS or graduate degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, civil engineering, or a related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in a lab environment
- Experience in analytical methods, formulation, mechanical testing, design of experiments, cement chemistry, adhesives or coatings would be beneficial
- A talent for solving problems; uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions
- Able to work with a diverse group of people in multifunctional teams
- Self-starting with a drive to overachieve
- Excellent written and oral communication
The position is located at the QUIKRETE® Engineering and Technical Center in Lawrenceville, GA, where you will work in an intellectually challenging and highly collaborative environment with ample opportunities for professional development.
QUIKRETE® offers attractive salaries and benefits including competitive base pay, medical, dental and vision coverage, basic life and personal loss insurance, supplemental life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan with a generous company match policy.
We are the leading producer of construction materials with over 300 operating facilities. Our extensive product line includes packaged concrete, mortars and renders, grouts, polyurethanes, epoxies, and coatings, as well as pipe (concrete, metal and ductile iron) and concrete pavers and block. Our company has continued to grow and this position will support that growth.
The QUIKRETE Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
Quikrete is not an affirmative action employer. We are an EEO employer.