Website Rinker Materials
Rinker Materials is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage.
We are seeking a Plant Manager for our West Memphis, AR location. The person in this position will be responsible for managing safety first production to produce a quality product at acceptable cost levels. Responsibilities include the efficient and effective utilization of human resources, plant and equipment.
Essential Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Hire, train and supervise an adequate number of employees to meet the needs of plant operations.
- Based on sales and inventory needs, schedule plant production.
- Insure proper maintenance of plant production equipment to minimize lost production time. This includes maintaining adequate spare parts inventory.
- Order raw materials to meet production and inventory needs.
- Insure safe work practice by all plant employees.
- Insure that production meets or exceeds established quality standards.
- Maintain positive customer relations by responding to, and resolving complaints.
- Establish both short and long range budgets in order to meet both current and the preceding year’s P&L plans. Special attention to wages, repair parts, capital expenses, material cost, and other variable and fixed costs.
- Perform routine mechanical/electrical repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem solving as needed.
- Prepare daily production reports, down time reports, and other paperwork as required using company required computerized forms and systems. Responsible for filing and documentation systems.
- Order supplies, parts, and materials required for operations.
- Batch and adjust mix designs as required.
- Perform plant startup and closing procedures.
- Perform bulk and physical inventories.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Knowledge of the required ASTM specifications related to RCP, RCB & manhole products.
- Experience with the types of production equipment being used in the production process: Packerhead pipe machine, precast forms, dry cast, and wet cast methods.
- 5 years’ experience in pipe and precast production strongly preferred.
- Computer Skills related to Microsoft Office, JDE & Auto CAD.
- Proven leadership skills demonstrated through prior work experience.
- Mechanical aptitude related to repair and maintenance through prior work history a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma accreditation and supporting work history a plus.