Website Rinker Materials
Rinker Materials is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Technician to join our Columbus, OH team. The QC Tech will be responsible to ensure concrete products produced meet ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), AASHTO (American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials), local industry, customer, and company specifications as instructed by Plant Manager.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Oversee all concrete testing on required mix designs (Air, Slump Temp, Unit Weight, Cylinders, etc) and ensure they are properly documented and reported.
- Record and maintain cylinder break records in accordance with quality control manual, PCI, and NPCA requirements.
- Inspect raw materials and fresh concrete while batching and after testing to confirm concrete qualities meet the finished product specifications and the Plant Manager’s expectations.
- Insure proper mix designs are programmed and used for each product type.
- Take corrective action with concrete mix design, production equipment settings or other processes as approved by Plant Manager to ensure finished product will meet specifications.
- Operate and maintain all quality equipment according to manuals and as instructed by the Plant Manager.
- Maintain documentation verifying that production and testing equipment has been properly and accurately calibrated in accordance with local standards.
- Perform periodic inspections of incoming raw material.
- Perform pre-pour and post-pour inspections on all products.
- Perform random inspections of loads leaving plant to meet accuracy and quality criteria.
- Hold monthly quality control training meetings and maintain personnel training records.
- Work closely with Batch Plant Operator, Group Leaders and crews.
- Maintain regular, timely attendance to meet company needs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Perform special projects or assignments as directed.
- Three plus years’ experience.
- Two-year technical degree preferred.
- Operation and adjustment knowledge of all batching related equipment for concrete production.
- Ability to read and understand production drawings and engineered prints.
- Verbal and written communication skills understandable by the crew and the plant supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose mechanical malfunctions and make adjustments and/or basic repairs to equipment to produce concrete that meets specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply information from manuals, equipment drawings and Plant Managers instructions for equipment operation and maintenance.
- Mathematical ability to calculate mixing proportions and quantities required for filling molds.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, and able to provide instruction and/or constructive criticism professionally.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certified Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Salary will be commensurate with work experience and relevant skills.