Custom Building Products
CUSTOM® Building Products is an industry leading manufacturer of tile and stone installation materials. CUSTOM has been in business for over 50 years and provides the highest quality, innovative products, best-in-class technical and customer service, and opportunities for employee growth. We have an immediate need for a Territory Manager in the Midwest region.
We are looking for a highly motivated Territory Sales Manager in the Midwestern region focusing on the Minnesota, Dakotas, Des Moines and Omaha markets. The TM will report to the Regional Sales Manager and will be responsible for the sales of Company products, and the development of all direct and non-direct construction accounts within a designated territory. The position is ultimately responsible for the success of the sales program in the assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain territory specific information relative to competitors in the market to aid in the development and implementation of aggressive plans to defend and grow our market position
- Manage financial information relevant to sales volume, margins, market growth and profitability of the territory
- Manage internal communications, corporate directives and interpersonal relationships with Regional Technical Sales Representatives (RTSR), and operations personnel
- Responsible for new business development via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing as well as generating ideas that contribute to territory, business unit, company vision and profitability
- Contribute to executive management staff regarding market trends, policies, budgets, and industry trends and standards
- Achieve assigned sales territory objectives through steering effort to profitable products and profitable customers by maximizing promotion and sales activity
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Other duties as requested
- 3-5 years sales experience in construction or building products, preferable in the tile and stone installation and tool industry
- A demonstrated track record in developing and managing a high volume of new and existing accounts on a regular basis, including all aspects of the sales cycle from inception of revenue and profit strategy through closing to meet and exceed business objectives
- Strong customer service orientation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong organizational skills for proper territory planning and/management to lead to sales growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Ability to self-motivate and multi-task and work independently or within a team
- Able to travel
Custom offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, benefits package including 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays, health insurance, and vehicle allowance.
For consideration, please send your resume in a Word document with compensation expectations via email to. Chuck.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the “Subject” box Territory Manager – Midwest