Website The QUIKRETE Companies
What America's Made Of
Founded on May 22, 1940 in Columbus, Ohio, The QUIKRETE® Companies is the largest manufacturer of packaged concrete and cement mixes in North America, and an innovative leader in the building and home improvement industries. In addition, QUIKRETE® offers related products through numerous wholly-owned subsidiaries including Spec Mix®, Keystone® Hardscapes, Custom Building Products®, Contech®, Rinker Materials, Target Technologies®, Daubois® and QPR®. Collectively, The QUIKRETE® Companies operates about 280 facilities in the United Sates and Canada, allowing for unsurpassed distribution and product depth. Technical centers across QUIKRETE’s network also ensure that professionals and consumers alike are provided with the most innovative and highest quality products available on the market.
Primary Function: The Corporate Archivist contributes to the effective management and the long-term preservation of The QUIKRETE Companies’ historically valuable corporate records, the implementation of a retention schedule for future departmental additions to the archives, the digitization process and acquisition & management of born-digital content, and the creation of finding aids for the collections.
- An ALA-accredited master’s degree in librarianship/information science OR relevant Master’s degree (Archival Studies, Public History)
- Minimum of three years’ experience processing archival collections including the arrangement, description, and preservation of archival collections.
- Previous work with a range of collection formats, including paper, photographs, audiovisual material, and artifacts.
- Experience working with archival collection management systems such as ArchivEra.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging best practices associated with born-digital records and digitized content.
- Familiarity with web archiving best practices.
- Experience and education in oral history projects strongly preferred (but not required).
Role Related Skill Sets:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and implement projects, independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of metadata standards and metadata management.
- Excellent written, verbal, and problem solving skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the company.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to accuracy and details.
- Overall responsibility for the management of The QUIKRETE Companies Archives in accordance with archival standards which includes the accessioning, arrangement, description, and preservation of archival materials.
- Responsible for the identification, acquisition, processing, and preservation of archival collections of subsidiary companies of The QUIKRETE Companies.
- Establish a sustainable digital preservation and digital storage plan, inclusive of web archiving responsibilities.
- Identify items that may be appropriate for digitization.
- Initiate an oral history program to capture the stories of The QUIKRETE Companies’ employees.
- Promotion of the archives’ services to internal stakeholders where relevant to support company projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for the implementation & administration of a record retention schedule for future departmental accruals to the archives.
- Administration of the collection management system to create finding aids for the material so that all collections are searchable and available for research.
The QUIKRETE® Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and not an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.