The QUIKRETE® Companies
It's What America's Made Of
Plant Manager – Mining Operation
Hands-on position that plans, coordinates and is responsible for the production, quality, costs, environmental and safety aspects of extracting and producing aggregate products for shipment to both internal and external plants. Work environment will consist of both an office setting and outside at assigned plant.
5 to 10 Years of Aggregate Plant Management experience
Hands-On Management Style with strong interpersonal skills and ability to obtain results through others.
Mining Engineering Degree Preferred with a strong Mechanical Aptitude but practical experience will be considered in place of a degree
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs day to day plant operations.
- Manages quarrying and mining operational costs.
- Follows EPA environmental laws and MSHA mining laws and safety regulations and ensures the staff adheres to applicable rules and regulations.
- Reviews production reports on recovery rates, inventory levels, safety, cost and production.
- Participate in assessments for identifying and quantifying improvements in safety, productivity, product yield, inventory management, mobile fleet evaluation and mine planning
- Manages capital projects to including planning and analysis, ordering and scheduling
- Detects and resolves production, equipment maintenance, safety, and personnel issues.
- Interviews, hires, trains, evaluates, rewards and disciplines employees.
- Communicates frequently with peers and direct supervisor on operational matters.
- Builds positive relations with the communities the operation is located in.
- Coordinates the maintenance of quarry and plant equipment, including preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversees the purchasing, delivery, secure storage and use of supplies.
- Ensures the security of Company property and equipment.
- Complies with all State and Federal regulations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
What the QUIKRETE® Companies Offers You
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- Retirement Benefits – 401k
- Competitive salary
- Vacation or paid time off
The QUIKRETE® Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and not an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.