Website The QUIKRETE Companies
The QUIKRETE® Companies is seeking a candidate for an industrial R&D Engineer position at our corporate Technical Center located in Lawrenceville, GA.
This position will be a blend of ongoing support for our current product lines and creating innovative new products for the consumer and commercial construction markets. This is an entry to advanced level position. Experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Develop new products by implementing new chemistry and modern technology for the consumer and commercial construction markets
• Designing and executing experiments to qualify new raw materials and new raw material sources/suppliers
• Cost engineering formulas to increase profitability
• Re-designing formulas for enhanced performance
• Supervise and train technicians and junior engineers
• Lead the R&D activities for certain categories of products
Expected Experience and Competencies
• BS or graduate degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, civil engineering, or a related discipline
• 3-5 years’ experience in a lab environment
• Experience in analytical methods, formulation, mechanical testing, design of experiments, cement chemistry, adhesives or coatings would be beneficial
• A talent for solving problems; uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions
• Able to work with a diverse group of people in multifunctional teams
• Self-starting with a drive to overachieve
• Excellent written and oral communication
QUIKRETE® offers attractive salaries and benefits including competitive base pay, medical, dental and vision coverage, basic life and personal loss insurance, supplemental life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan with a generous company match policy.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The QUIKRETE® Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and not an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.