Website CUSTOM Building Products
Tile & Flooring Installation Systems
Custom Building Products is looking for a detail-oriented Traffic Coordinator for our North Las Vegas, Nevada facility. This position will be responsible for directing and monitoring the flow of materials and resources to ensure maximum operating efficiencies, while maintaining/improving customer service levels. The Traffic Coordinator’s responsibilities include; creating schedules for the timely delivery of resources; materials and identifying potential issues.
To be successful as a Traffic Coordinator, you should have working knowledge of Manhattan Transportation Management System, Warehouse Management and AS400 systems. Ultimately, an exceptional Traffic Coordinator should be adept at developing solutions for workflow delays.
Custom Building Products, a QUIKRETE company, is a high-volume manufacturer of stone and tile installation and beautification products. Custom Building Products is dedicated to excellence as the industry leader by supplying our customers with quality, innovative building products. Our Company is committed to safely maximizing productivity, profits, and opportunities for employee growth. Custom Building Products is committed to maintaining a leadership position as an innovative, dynamic organization dedicated to providing quality products and services while meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan delivery of products by organizing truckloads and routing schedules using the Load Building Module in AS400 and plant specific standard operating procedures.
- Support the shipping department in coordinating the pulling of orders according to ship date and priority.
- Coordinate delivery with Carrier and Customer.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls that pertain to shipping inquiries from both customer support and customers. Troubleshoot delivery failures and problem solve for timely correction.
- Organize the return of product and problem solve for resolution.
- Communicate with Carriers, Customer Support, Order Entry, Planning and Production/Shipping Supervisors regarding delivery of orders.
- Complete necessary documentation for exporting product.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Understands department’s key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- 2 or more years in a high-volume transportation/warehouse/distribution business environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and problem-solve, in a timely manner.
- Ability to plan trucking routes in detail for timely delivery that meet legal criteria.
- Ability to coordinate with contracted trucking dispatchers and drivers.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn several software packages including, but not limited to word processing and excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to external and internal customers and management, and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Working knowledge of standard operating procedures including, but not limited to, legal guidelines, Export Regulations, Shipping standard operating procedures and company policies.
- High school graduate or equivalent experience required.
Custom Building Products offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k). We will only accept resumes that relate to this position posting.