Website US Pipe - A Quikrete Company
The Human Resources Manager provides leadership for the full scope of HR functional activity at this stand-alone manufacturing site. A member of the business-wide HR team, he or she will concurrently function as an effective and contributing member of the site leadership staff, with a supportive operational relationship to the plant manager. The successful candidate driving continuous improvement in service delivery performance, enhancement of capabilities, and measurable progress in reducing costs/delivering productivity.
- Collaborates across the plant leadership team on both HR and broader operational issues, proactively developing plans and actions to resolve issues and capitalize on opportunities. Drives execution of plant-level HR process and programs (recruiting, employee relations, performance management, etc) in alignment with Company policies and practices, with a continued focus on process improvement.
- Responsible for maintaining positive site-level union relations, inclusive of contract negotiations, dispute resolution, and proactive partnership toward achievement of business goals.
- Proactively manages manpower planning, ensuring effective staffing across all plant functions as needed in safe and efficient operations (recruiting, on-boarding, training, etc).
- Maintains a culture of compliance, ensuring site-level adherence to all local, state and federal HR-related requirements.
- Develops and proactively drives execution of effective site communication plans, facilitating an informed and highly engaged local workforce Establish appropriate metrics, dashboards, and KPIs, managing through use of data Act as a change agent, supporting, and where necessary, driving innovation and process improvements Manage vendor relationships.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full working knowledge of California laws and requirements
- Academic, work experience or exposure to Human Resources and project management
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment
- Able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members
- Strong analytical and communication skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint Preferred
- Previous HR experience is preferred including hiring, terminations, time & attendance programs, labor agreements, knowledge of key employment laws such FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, HIPAA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Industrial Relations preferred.
- HR Certification preferred
- 3-5 yrs. experience in HR, inclusive of fast-paced, heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Prior hands-on experience in union environments, inclusive of negotiating collective bargaining agreements Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization Strong oral and written communication skills Prior HR system experience, inclusive of HRIS conversions project leadership Demonstrated bias toward action, and ability to handle competing priorities Working knowledge of FMLA, EEOC, ADA, AAP, and other related local, state and federal labor laws
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- The employee will be working in an office environment but will do some walking through the plant (from time to time) exposing the employee to foundry operations. The employee will be exposed (very briefly) to the following working conditions: extreme heat and cold, noise, vibration, oils, and atmospheric conditions such as dust, fumes, and metallic particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing, and sitting. The majority of the actions will be sitting.