Website US Pipe - A Quikrete Company
1. Handles most complicated machine and repair jobs with a minimum of supervision.
2. Performs layout work, works from drawings and makes precision parts.
3. Manufactures tooling and fixtures as required for component machining.
4. Does all phases of machine work involved in the fabrication of new equipment with a minimum of supervision.
5. Manufactures precision components from field measurements and/or used parts.
6. Assist in training of machinist apprentice.
7. Repairs and maintains machine shop equipment.
8. Makes and/or assist in the alignment of equipment and precision repairs in the plant.
9. Performs safety inspections on equipment and tools before using.
10. Makes and retains sketches of parts and equipment, fabricated or repaired.
11. Responsible for inspection of crane before using.
12. Responsible for following safe operating procedures.
13. Responsible for good housekeeping in work area.
14. Does other work as assigned by supervisor
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb steps and ladders
- Must be able to bend and stoop repeatedly
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push, and pull objects and materials weighing 50 pounds and occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull objects and materials weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to manually roll pipe on rails.
- Responsible for completing clean-up tasks involving picking up, sweeping, and shoveling.
- Must be able to help remove scrap, slag, sand and all other debris in area.
- Responsible for positioning equipment back in proper place.
- Must be able to recognize defective equipment and appropriately report defects to Supervision.
- Must be able to work in both hot and cold environments.
11. Must maintain all personal tools of the machinist and maintenance trades and do precision work of all types.
12. Must be safety conscious at all times