Website US Pipe - A Quikrete Company
The Maintenance Manager has a main function to develop and implement preventative maintenance schedules for equipment. Works with production foreman in identify, reduce and/or eliminate non-scheduled down time. Ensures labor and materials cost are within the departmental budget.
- Plans and directs the maintenance and repairs to machinery and equipment in the production and processing departments.
- Reviews daily and monthly labor costs for the Maintenance Department and initiates cost control measures within the department.
- Reviews daily and monthly maintenance materials cost for the Plant and initiates cost control measures for the Plant.
- Reviews production delay records, identifies causes for delays, and assists foremen with corrective measures.
- Reviews equipment inspection documentation and initiates repairs.
- Identifies training needs of Maintenance department employees and works with the Superintendent, Maintenance and Engineering and Human Resource Director to insure that training needs are met.
- Enters purchase requisitions.
- Advises Superintendent, Maintenance and Engineering of significant maintenance problems with potential to cause delays or shutdowns and works expediently to resolve any potential problems.
- Supervise support personnel.
- Insures that Company plant and safety rules and procedures are enforced in the Maintenance Department and that violators are disciplined in a fair and consistent manner.
- Assists foremen in evaluating grievances and with furnishing replies to grievants and/or Union Representatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Superintendent, Maintenance and Engineering.
Scope Data/Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- The employee will be working in an office environment but will do some walking through the plant (from time to time) exposing the employee to Foundry operations. The employee will be exposed (very briefly) to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust. Fumes, and Metallic Particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 6 years industrial maintenance experience required.
- Above average communication skills are required due to the routing communication with professionals as well as hourly work force.
- Moderate level of computer skills in Microsoft Office required.
- Must have the ability to plan and direct electrical and mechanical repair and maintenance work and to identify and repair electrical and mechanical maintenance problems in an expedient manner.