Website US Pipe - A Quikrete Company
This role is responsible for leading the maintenance activities to achieve reliability excellence through the daily execution of effective and timely preventative maintenance activities and repairs of equipment and machinery by insuring the effective supervision of the assigned maintenance hourly employees engaged in the maintenance process while focusing on safety, people development, equipment reliability, and customer service.
Maximizes equipment reliability in assigned area by ensuring all employees are properly trained and held accountable in the proper and timely execution of preventive maintenance activities and repairs to machinery and equipment.
- Partners with production staff to eliminate the causes of production delays resulting from equipment failures. Monitors delay records and assist in the root cause identification of mechanical and electrical delays;
- Advises immediate Manager, Peers, and Production counterparts of all actual or potential maintenance problems causing mechanical or electrical delay or shutdown to operations, and takes expedient corrective action to address the issue.
- Determines the effectiveness of manpower utilization, working procedures and cost control measures and consults with immediate Manager, Peers, and Production counterparts to develop methods for improvement.
- Recommends materials and equipment required for maintenance and repair jobs; requisitions stock material and equipment necessary for mechanical and electrical maintenance operations. Oversees contract labor required on maintenance, repair, and construction jobs.
- Enters purchase requisitions and oversee hourly employees turning in completed and signed job orders.
- Participates with and assures compliance with 6S, safety and environmental programs.
- Insures that Company plant and safety rules and procedures are enforced in the Maintenance Department and that violators are counseled in a fair and consistent manner. Work with the site Human Resources leader and Manager to address any and all area grievances.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Scope Data/Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
• The employee will be working in both an office environment and in the manufacturing facility and will be exposed to Foundry operations. The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Metallic Particles.
• The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.