Website US Pipe - A Quikrete Company
The Maintenance Technician sets ups and operates all types of machine tools and performs all types of layout, fitting and assembly work.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: All types of machine tools such as lathes, shaper, planer, horizontal and vertical boring mills, milling machine. Machinist’s hand tools and measuring instruments such as wrenches, hammers, scraper, files, scribes, protractor, micrometer, gauges, levels, squares. Various portable power tools such as drills, grinders. Blueprints, sketches and job cards.
MATERIALS HANDLED: Mill equipment and parts, forgings, castings, bar stock, plates, rods, etc., of iron, steel, brass, alloys and other metals. Micarta, babbitt, cutting oils, lubricants.
- Works from job cards, prints and other written and verbal instructions, regarding work assignment.
- Interprets drawings and sketches; plans and determines working procedure.
- Performs layout work; makes sketches.
- Selects and grinds tools in accordance with the hardness, machine ability, and other properties of parts or materials to be machined.
- Procures or makes jigs, fixtures or machine attachments required for the work to be machined.
- Sets up and operates all types of machine tools to drill, face, cut, turn, bore, mill or shape, etc., iron, steel, alloys, non-ferrous and non-metallic materials and parts to precision tolerances and specified finishes, adjusting stops, feeds and speeds for efficient machining.
- Checks and measures work with gauges, micrometers, calipers, and other precision measuring instruments.
- Assembles, fits, aligns, levels and adjusts machinery and equipment.
- Operates and/or hooks and directs crane to transfer and position material or parts to be machined or assembled.
- Performs all work in a safe and efficient manner and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Clean up all work areas.
- Performs any other duties supervisor assigns.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or G.E.D. Must have a minimum of 3 years of prior experience in Machinist work or has successfully completed a Machinist curriculum from a vocational program.
Demonstrated satisfactory performance in all aspects of Machinist B work.
Read and work from blueprints and drawings.