This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a company with a great team that provides a product that will always be in demand. This position directs and supervises plant operations with overall responsibilities for: safety, quality, production, housekeeping, and other related activities.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives safely and efficiently.
- Monitor overall plant performance for safety, production and quality standards.
- Monitor the number of working days each month and the available hours each day to maximize production and inventory.
- Provide direction, development, and leadership to production supervisors and production employees.
- Support activities to develop / maintain employee relationships.
- Create the production schedule for each shift on a daily basis in order to maintain adequate inventory levels to meet the business demands.
- Coordinate production schedules with daily shipping operations to ensure orders are filled both timely and completely.
- Coordinate production schedules to ensure routine and non-routine maintenance actions are accomplished without interrupting the day to day business requirements.
- Evaluate production supervisors and production employee performance levels. Train, coach, and discipline employees as required. Complete performance appraisals and make salary recommendations as required.
- Schedule and hold daily, weekly, and monthly meetings regarding safety and productivity.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment through direct supervision of shift supervisors, maintenance personnel, and production employees.
- Work with Maintenance manager to develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs to included total productive maintenance practices with production personnel.
- Serve in the capacity of plant manager during occasions when the plant manager is out of the office.
- Previous plant supervisory experience, manufacturing experience preferred.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, motivational, time management and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS based computer software.
- Technical aptitude.
- Fast paced, aggressive work environment, results oriented.
- Must live within commutable distance to the plant.