Spec Mix®, A QUIKRETE® owned Company, the North American leader in preblended and packaged cement and concrete products, is currently seeking a highly motivated energetic professional to fill an outside Masonry Sales Representative in the Chicago, Northwest Indiana area.
The Masonry & Stucco Sales Representative will report to the Masonry & Stucco Sales Manager and must have the ability to be a self-starter and work independently to achieve performance goals. The ideal candidate should understand the construction process and some masonry and stucco terms including, but not limited to, knowledge of job specifications and ASTM specifications as they relate to masonry and stucco construction.
Below are some other key functions of the masonry and stucco sales representative:
- Effective at hands on product demonstrations.
- This is a “hands on” position and it will be necessary for the candidate to have a working understanding of the silo delivery systems that are promoted and used in the territory.
- Work with the producing plant and management to create product sales forecasts, both weekly and annual, and delivery schedules.
- Attend local and national construction shows as needed.
- Understand product needs for customer and work with the production and dispatch to achieve a high level of customer service.
- Maintain close interaction with the plant and attend operations meetings as necessary.
- Periodically assist in the set up, dismantle and movement of silos at the job site.
- Assist in monthly silo inventory counts and management of silo assets.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited University.
3 – 5 years’ sales/marketing experience preferred
Reside in the territory listed above.
Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
Skilled in making presentations to prospective customers and decision makers.
Ability to influence decision makers in conveying the benefits of pre-blended mortars over traditional (field mix) methods.
Must have basic computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Ability to lift or carry 80 lbs. /36 kg.
-Sales or related industry experience in the construction materials industry.
-Specific Concrete/Masonry/Stucco industry experience a plus.
-Distributor sales experience.
-Mechanical aptitude as it relates to helping customers troubleshoot silo delivery equipment.
Some overnight travel is required.
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 per year
The QUIKRETE Companies offers a competitive salary, company vehicle allowance, expense, and other benefits.