The Quikrete Companies, one of the leading producers of packaged concrete and related products, is currently seeking a Transportation sourcing / analyst.
Success in this position will require the following skills and attributes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Logistics, or related field.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience Sourcing and analytics.
- Possess a solid understanding of dispatch principles.
- Ability to analyze traffic lanes.
- Understanding of trucking costs and the impact that effective equipment utilization can have on these costs.
- Solid computer skills with high level competence in the use of Microsoft Excel. Overall understand of Power BI
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize various transportation technologies such as Transportation Management Systems (TMS); GPS; Electronic Logging and Lytx
- Must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all operational levels.
- Ability to track progress toward established goals for the trucking operations and generate reports that are concise, easily understood, and communicated to appropriate levels of the organization.
- Understand the impact of transportation on customer service and work to improve delivery performance to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Develop, analyze, and recommend opportunities for improvement that optimize transportation policies and processes around availability, transportation cost, and supply chain cost
- Support Transportation Operations and Procurement teams with reporting and analytics identifying service and cost improvement opportunities business process needs
- Monitor transportation expenses
- Maintain responsibility for data analysis and reporting of transportation related activities, including monthly/quarterly BU reporting
- Review of transportation contracts, rate sheets and perform rate analysis/benchmarking and carrier RFQs as necessary
- Support projects relating to transportation network improvements
- Leading user of the Company’s transportation management system
- Maintain and improve an established to achieve target goals and objectives.
- Must be able to travel approximately 25%.
Compensation for this position is $60,000 to $70,000 plus benefits depending on experience and qualifications.
Candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com .
The Quikrete Companies is an equal opportunity employer.